NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New to Imaging

ccfcbob

Some superb pic's on here. These cloudy nights have got me thinking though is it possible to get pictures with my basic setup.

I know I won't be able to get up to the standards of some on here.

Celestron 21061 + various plossl eyepiece's

Sony W730 digital camera.

What adapter would I need, if its possible to get one?

How would this work? Would the camera be attached directly into the scope without a lens or can I utilize the lenses I have to get better shots?

Your telescope mount and compact camera will limit you to lunar photography and possibly some planets. Holding the camera above the eyepiece will allow you to take afocal images of the moon. You may want to use an adapter to hold the camera http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/skywatcher-universal-camera-adapter.html which might help to hold the camera in position whilst you adjust the exposure and make adjustments to the telescope's mount.

Your telescope mount and compact camera will limit you to lunar photography and possibly some planets. Holding the camera above the eyepiece will allow you to take afocal images of the moon. You may want to use an adapter to hold the camera http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/skywatcher-universal-camera-adapter.html which might help to hold the camera in position whilst you adjust the exposure and make adjustments to the telescope's mount.

Cheers, I'll give that a go.

Tried holding the camera by hand but Earth ends up with more moons than Jupiter

Bob,

Heres a pick of jupiter through my small handheld and a baader bracket which is eyepiece projection (or A-Focal).

med_gallery_27945_2469_145516.jpg

just shows you what you can do....a barlow lens also helps. stick with your largest EP (so 20 or 25mm)

Good luck

Archived