A busy night at the darksite 2/2/14

I wasn't really sure where to post this as it's got lunar planetary DSO video timelapse & widefield..

Anyway after some debate we decided to go to the dark site on Sunday evening & after taking a picture of a lovely crescent monn I decided to have another go at the crab nebula which was a failure due to the breeze so only ended up with 3 subs & they weren't brilliant although I did manage to capture M81 & M82 again, just a pity gradients that I can't seem to shift spoiled those too. I got lucky with jupiter with the shadow transit of Europa & I managed to make up a short animation.

Anyway this is a short video I made up of the event, ok so none of the images are going to win any awards but who cares I just love this hobby!!!  :grin:

Bravo! i think the music you chose was spot on. shame you didnt get any longer on jupiter the detail you got there was amazing. nearly makes me want to get back into AP.....Nearly :p

If the battery hadn't died on the laptop I would have captured heaps more of jupiter as it was in a good position when I were imaging it. Due to going to a remote location I'm kinda stuck on how to power it. I did buy a 12v charger for it but that didn't work.

I don't mind doing a spot of observing myself either Daniel but do like to see what I can get when I'm imaging.  :grin:

Archived