Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Altair Astro 0.6X Refractor Reducer

orly_andico

I posted a query on this reducer some weeks back.

Does anyone have this reducer?

Also they are now back-ordered at most of the UK shops. And it seems nobody outside the UK sells them, not even the old standby Teleskop-Service.

It is considerably cheap enough that I'd buy one to try out, in spite of the paucity of reviews.

But I can't buy one... the UK retailers won't ship to a non-UK address.

Its cropped very slightly as the reducer vignettes a little in the corners. It was taken with a DSLR. My scope is f7 native focal length but f4.2 with the reducer. Its funny you mentioned the 8300 as I think a 8300 chip would be nice, tempted by this myself at some point....

I assume it requires significant in focus. Most / all reducers do. This would take my refractor down to f/4 which is pretty tempting.

Right now I'm using an f/4 Newtonian with the incredibly expensive ASA Keller reducer giving me f/3. But the collimation is an incredible pain in the behind and I still can't get round stars out of it. Pretty bad return for a $1000 reducer and $400+ Feathertouch focuser on a $400 Newtonian....

So if this thing delivers I'll be one stop slower but no collimation headaches...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Archived