NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

To ortho or not - that's the question

AlexB67

Alex I hope the Radian meets all your needs I am sure you will love it. Trouble is you will want other Televue EPs in the future.

I can quite comfortably vouch for this statement!

I think I decided that already after getting the pentax XL, but lets not forget the pentax XWs also along with the Delos to come :0)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My package  arrived today with the golden oldie, I'll now present my reasonably priced case too while I had the camera handy  :smiley:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/57027-show-me-your-eye-piece-cases/?p=2208656

Thanks Alan, I'll see how I manage without a pupil guide to start with, it didn't come with one. I think it will be fine to be honest for my own use an the missus, just a matter of getting use to and finding the sweet spot. I had a little fight with the old pentax XL on the first night too, but it was fine after some adjusting and I got used to it.

Congrats on the new EP Alex :). It took me a while to get used to the eye placement of the Delos - I even had to ask about it on here - turns out I'd missed that you could move the body so the eye lens could be given a larger recess  - blackout problem solved :rolleyes:

Thx Jonathan, I noticed the adjustability on the Radian already.  Of course I am the sort of sad enough person to already have downloaded  the manual beforehand, and I even read it before receiving the eyepiece too. :0)

I find, as with the Pentax XW, that I need the Radians top section in it's upper position, just 2 clicks down from the top in fact.

I've not used the pupil guides that came with my Radians.

Thx Jonathan, I noticed the adjustability on the Radian already.  Of course I am the sort of sad enough person to already have downloaded  the manual beforehand, and I even read it before receiving the eyepiece too. :0)

I didn't read the manual - there was my first mistake :rolleyes:.

I find, as with the Pentax XW, that I need the Radians top section in it's upper position, just 2 clicks down from the top in fact.

I've not used the pupil guides that came with my Radians.

Thx John, I'll give that a whirl as a starting point without glasses, which is how I tend to observe at high mag mostly these days. :smiley:

Very nice Alex, Have you noticed what ever you do the rubber top never seems to photograph well, some of my newer ones look like a rat has been chewing them in snaps.

I am sure you will enjoy this, now I cross fingers for some weather for you.

Alan

Archived