Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pecprep confusion

Dave_D

finally remembered to turn on logging in PHD last night but i'm confused about what i'm seeing. Any guiding experts shed some light? I watched the youtube vids by Chris Shillito but i'm really non the wiser  :embarassed:

pecprep1_zps7ba0197c.png

pecprep_zps43a87834.png

Did you have guiding turned on or off when you were recording? I seem to remember it needs to be turned off to record PE.

ahh i see. no, this was during a set of subs. i had the graph in PHD open and the graph showed very little error. it looked almost identical to the graph Zakalwe posted here http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/182126-eq6-tuning-thanks-to-astro-baby/ and i certainly didn't think this Vixen GP was as accurate as that. 

The only thing different i've been doing (apart from turning logging on  :grin: ) is in polar alignment. i use alignmaster and a magnified liveview display using a badly out of focus star instead of a pinpoint. seems a lot easier and more accurate to align an out of focus star on the bullseye target (to me anyway). in fact, in this instance, when i'd callibrated the 2 stars in alignmaster and then proceeded to the final step, the out of focus star didn't even slew completely off the bullseye. 

i dunno... those figures in the pics seem awfully small

Seems like that site doesn't like the log file from version 0.11.3 that i use.

Tried the latest version from stark labs and it doesn't work with my orion autoguider, there's a note in the faq that compatibility got broke after version 0.12

the 0.14 version from the orion website is very unresponsive on this netbook too :/ so unless i get another laptop i'm stuck with the older version.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived