Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photosbykev

I'm currently playing with a Canon Tv lens 50mm f0.95 on a Watec 902H2 but I need to delve a bit into the guts of the 902H2 to turn off the AGC.

This is the very first attempt using the lens with a DMK21 plugged into the back of it on a static tripod with Pixel scale of: 22.0759027656 arcsec/pixel.

Dimmest star is around Mag 15

12276301013_c4d2a46db6_o.jpg

Hi Kev

Nice wide field shot - must try it with my old M42 50mm lens.

Did you use an IR filter - the stars don't look too bloated?

Wonder what the little trail is near then centre of the image?

CS

Paul

No IR filter with this one, the DMK21 doesn't have an IR filter either. The small trail of dots might be an artifact from the registax processing. I used the best 50% of 50 frames.

The trail of "dots" is a hot pixel that appears on each frame that was stacked.  It trailed as there was drift as the mount tracked and the pixel "moved".  The software used the stars to align the stack, not the pixel so it seems to move in the direction of the drift.

The trail of "dots" is a hot pixel that appears on each frame that was stacked.  It trailed as there was drift as the mount tracked and the pixel "moved".  The software used the stars to align the stack, not the pixel so it seems to move in the direction of the drift.

The camera was on a static mount but your thought about a hot pixel is right, there is one sat about there on the sensor

• 3 weeks later...

Archived