NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New specs!

101nut

You could always  get a second frame  that is like the old one and sits a bit closer ? . It need not be that expensive one as long as it works for you, after all you'll be in the dark, nobody will be watching out for the beauty contest anyway :smiley:

I had a similar thing when I got new glasses - with my old pair 12mm eye relief was just about enough, with my new pair 20mm is barely enough. I no longer both with glasses - whilst I do suffer from astigmatism it's only mild and I find I can ignore it.

I have a separate set for astronomy with wider but thinner frames and half a diopter stronger than my usual specs. They make quite a bitof difference , eespecially when watching for meteors etc due to the wider lenses giving better peripheral vision.

they arnt flash by any means but that meant they were only £25 which doubled when the anti reflective coating was added....id say this was one of the best astro accessories I have purchased.

Cheers,

Thanks folks.

Current idea is to get a new prescription lenses made into the old sunglasses frames which were not too used ...

I've got varifocals and to be honest I prefer to observe without specs but I hate the on-off-on-off with specs all the time - even just to see the general area to point the scope or the graticule in the rdf! 

Contacts are one approach but I've always avoided them in the past ... perhaps now is the time to look at them?

AndyG 

Archived