New scope setup

Hi again everyone,,, My Big-Boss arrived today and I spent the best part of an hour setting this up. So I suppose that this question has been asked a hundred times before so dont shout at me :embarrassed: .. How can I tell if this is collimated correctly? I dont have a laser , so I have not a clue how to check this. as it is pouring down with rain as usual I wont be takingit outside tonight...if I get a chance tomorrow I may get it outside to get a feel for it during the day...any advice would be welcome, Also the counter balance weight seems to be a tad light to me ? maybe I have the Tube set up a bit high / low?......thanks in advance Pete

Hi Pete... If the weight seems to light check if the bar it sits on extends, some of the bars extend. As Kerry said, defocus on a bright star and look at the rings (Google airy disk for images) but cool the scope for a while first

Archived