NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron C8 SCT VX GOTO

Cheers for that nice review.

I'm looking into getting a celestron advanced vx setup as well in the next week or so, is it compatible with Stellarium ?

I haven't tried but it has the connection in the base of the hand-controller for a serial converter

It's been mentioned in other threads that EQMod won't work with it - but again - as I use neither I can't confirm.

Hope you get some clear skies - which scope did you get with your mount?

David

Haven't bought it yet most likely from flo when I do. 

Just like the look of the advanced range from celestron, might be the 150mm Newtonian reflector so I can add a 80 ed refractor with ccd camera.

Haven't bought it yet most likely from flo when I do. 

Just like the look of the advanced range from celestron, might be the 150mm Newtonian reflector so I can add a 80 ed refractor with ccd camera.

Many people I know really enjoy their 150mm so that should give you hours of observing enjoyment - and the ED80 is the workhorse of the AP world it seems - so good choices :-)

David

Thanks Guys :-)

I haven't tried the StarSense (damn, I could've bundled that purchase in with this, sneaking it past HQ!) and have meant to read up on it - I'll check it out.

David

Archived