NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD - I need some gamepad advice please

Bizibilder

My Logitek wireless Rumblepad II  died last night - The red light comes on but that is all - no response to any buttons or joysticks and it wont calibrate!!  (but if I unplug the dongle the computer says the gamepad cannot be found).

So it looks as if I'm going to need a new wireless game controller and the model I have is no longer produced.  Could anyone advise me on a suitable game controller that is known to work with EQMOD please?  I don't want to spend a fortune on a branded one as it is solely for scope control (ie I don't use it for gaming etc) - will one of the generic types work?

The Amazon Gamepad looks the same as mine they will switch off if not used for a bit, i haven't sussed out the length of time and never read the manual, but when i have finished a session i just flip the battery pack out and back in again, the centre round thing turns it on you get a bit of flashing then in goes steady shame is Green and not Red....:)

The new Gamepad arrived today and it works well.  Put the CD into the laptop  (Windows 7) first to load the software and drivers then the dongle / gamepad connected immediately.  EQMOD also accepted it straight away and I was able to assign and calibrate easily.  The buttons and joystick defaults are slightly different to the set-up I'm used to but no matter - I will learn them up soon enough.  I spent a happy half hour playing with the new set up with no glitches at all.

Bizibilder, was your RumblePad every exposed to heavy dew? I had one get a soaking and the end result was the same symptoms as your own: It lit up normally, but few if any of the buttons worked.

The fix was a simple open 'n' clean of the key contacts. It's a straightforward job so long as you're reasonably careful. Maybe this will revive yours (and you'll then have a spare).

No - it simply failed to work when I tried to switch it on (ie put the batteries in!) and connect.  The LED comes on and the computer "sees" it and says its working but it is actually dead.  None of the buttons work and it won't calibrate (using control panel), EQMOD can "see" it but there is no response from any button or joystick.

But was it ever exposed to dew while it was outdoors? If so, try opening it up and cleaning the contacts and pad. That fixed the problem when it happened to me.

Should have said - mine is always brought indoors from the Obsy at the end of every session.

Archived