Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What a hobby!

Naemeth

Just come back from a lovely hour session with my 10" dob, mostly unplanned (originally thought I may take the ST80 out, but after ant's advice of dark skies tonight I decided to take the 10" out and didn't regret it one bit). My advice to all of you is that if you can, take a scope out, even if you're tired. Binoculars if setting up the scope is too much work.

I feel completely elated now, I don't mind that I have to be up early tomorrow because I got plenty of sleep last night, it'll be fine :). I only came back in because it started spitting (now, it's cleared again :rolleyes:!). Even if you can only spare an hour, spare it. You might just realise how much you enjoy the hobby and it is the perfect cure for those feeling that the cloudy nights are too much.

Why not get a grab and go set-up if your mount takes too long to set-up? Why not store the scope closer to where you observe?

Some tips for you all, but the main thing is just to get out there, it might just rekindle that spark in you.

I couldn't agree more Jonathan, it is lovely and dark out tonight. :grin: A must to get out and enjoy it.

I have just bought a small frac that I can use as a grab and go, I just need a mount now ( I hope I can cope without GoTo :grin: )

I couldn't agree more Jonathan, it is lovely and dark out tonight. :grin: A must to get out and enjoy it.

I have just bought a small frac that I can use as a grab and go, I just need a mount now ( I hope I can cope without GoTo :grin: )

I'm surprised you've bought a new scope - there was me thinking you were just going to have the one forever :D.

I don't know! you boys and toys :smiley: , just get out there with your bino's- you'll be glad of the astro fix :laugh:  :laugh:. I know I am, I've seen more the surface of Venus than the open starry skies since may last year.  I'm off out again. catch you later's. 

Archived