Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Genesis has arrived!

In less than a week, this beauty has made its way from its previous owner in the states all the way to me in little ol' Sydney... And I must say, it looks fantastic!

I admit that, having bought it sight unseen, I was somewhat nervous opening the case. I needn't have been. The scope is in absolutely brilliant condition. Barely a mark on it, whatsoever. The objective has the usual dust on it, which is to be expected, but there are certainly no scratches. I'm hoping it has held collimation ok in its travels. Am very VERY relieved and happy!! I've given it a good wipe over (not the optics, of course) and have mounted it on the Gibraltar mount, having relocated the TV-76 to the more portable Telepod mount. The two of them look so nice together, both like new (well, the TV-76 IS new, but you would never believe the Genesis is 20+ years older!).

Am very happy with it. :) Now, if only the clouds would take a hike so I could check to see if it still performs as well as it looks!

They sure are lovely, thanks Chris. Funnily, I was thinking it might even be a little heavier, after owning the 76, which is a little nugget! Definitely feels like quality though!

Sure thing, Cath and Jonathan... Will take some pics after the tennis is done. Won't be long, Federer is giving Murray quite the hiding!!

Archived