NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Excellent viewing tonight.

First time since I got my scope that I had a completely cloud and moon free night sky.  

Managed to see (thanks to Turn Left at Orion) the Andromeda Galaxy (M31) also M32 and M110. Seen the secondary star of Mintaka in Orion's belt, slew the scope over and had quick look at the double star Mizar.  Spent about 20 minutes looking at the Orion Nebula and then finally onto Jupiter where I managed to see the great red spot. All in all a good night's viewing :grin: .

Sounds like a very successful viewing session! To see so much on your first clear sky is a great achievement.

I have a copy of turn left at Orion arriving in the next few days and can only hope for a night like yours!

Kind regards

Phil

Yep was a good night last night. Glad someone else enjoyed it as well...similar sort of targets last night M81, M82, then onto lots of doubles. Castor, Rigel (was amazed to finally get this one), Sigma Ori, Meissa. Then Jupiter for a while, then finally Lunar when it decided to show up. Then when I could not feel my feet, I decided to come on in.

Love it.....

Archived