Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Erm.... what is thing I found?

Ok, having fruitlessly Googled for an hour I am admitting defeat.

20140119_MG_2963.jpg

Someone please tell me what this is, and how to use it.  :huh:

It came along with a SkyMax 127 which I have now sold, but this little gizmo remains in my collection and I have no idea how to apply it to my setup, nor can I sell it without the first idea of what it does. I can't even find a reference to this 'SRB' brand without drowning in Space Shuttle links.

20140119_MG_2966.jpg   20140119_MG_2967.jpg  20140119_MG_2968.jpg

The little threaded collar you can see is detachable; when it is installed, it matches a T-adaptor and connects this thing directly to a DSLR, with the plastic-knobbed end facing away from the sensor. I assume it's some kind of eyepiece projection thingy (it's only big enough for a 1.25") but the ones I have seen are different to this and usually include adjustable tubes to focus. There is no 1.25" nosepiece on the other side that I'm used to seeing on projection adaptors.... it's just.... a tube.

There are no threads or connectors on the fastener-side to attach anything else, it's all smooth aluminium.

I'd love it if someone could tell me what it's for, it's beautifully made from anodized ally and I'd like to hope it has some use in the world besides annoying me every time I run across it again...  :embarassed:

~Paul

Archived