Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bresser Messier AR-102/600 EXOS-1/EQ4 Telescope

I bought a 8'' Skywatcher Dobsonion a few months ago and didn't regret it. I have hunted down Andromeda and been in awe at the Orion Nebula....However. Unfortunately the Skywatcher is as portable as most wardrobes and because of this i can't take it with me when i move around on bussiness.

I came across the Bresser on Amazon after winning a few hundred quid in a Poker game and started to think maybe, well, if i just, yes, no, get advice ! so my question is....would this be recommended as a good deal and a portable quality telescope to indulge in ????

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EPC5HUM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0CC1P2X5JW6ZAW139W5M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

£353

71kimE45WmL._SL1500_.jpg

Bresser telescopes are decent scopes. Just don't get too high expectations.

Short focal length achromatic refractors are prone to CA.

The long focal length Evostar line of refractors would be better choice, but yeah they are a bit heavier. But still portable and in same price range:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/evostar/skywatcher-evostar-102-eq3-2.html

Following this thread as I've also been looking at this scope on Amazon, but just the OTA   Bresser Messier AR-102/600 OTA 

Other than the usual 'sales' stuff I've not really found any 'user' reviews.

Sounds OK for the price and easier when going mobile than my Vixen VC200L.

I certainly wouldn't expect miracles at that price, but does anybody know how it performs with a non astro-modded dlsr ?

• 1 year later...

Hi, If you look on Telescope House Web site they have a special offer of this scope. I have one which is a good all round handable scope, but does have slight CA ,used with a 40mm eyepiece gives nice large field views of the sky.

Hope this is useful.John.

Archived