Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bought a tidy little DIY dew controller

mylatestwhim

Not my DIY but one off astro B&S. Lovely simple/ tidy/ solid little unit with pride and effort out into it. Really love the personal non-mass-produced feel to it and quality of all the components. I wish I had the skills.

"This is a dew band controller with two independent variable outputs. The circuit is based on a microprocessor and uses pulse width modulation to give output from near zero to full supply voltage.

Outputs are phono sockets. The unit can be powered by any 11 to 13.5 volt supply, either a power tank or mains power supply.

The power plug is fitted with a 3 amp fuse giving a maximum available output of 36 watts at 12 volt supply, will work ok up to an absolute maximum of 50 watts with a 5 amp fuse fitted.

Works with any of the heater bands that terminate in a phono plug."

post-12512-0-26571900-1389730714_thumb.j

post-12512-0-10218900-1389730793_thumb.j

post-12512-0-09495900-1389730878_thumb.j

When I am in China their website does not work. In Singapore for a few days and 'Hey Presto' it does....what have they done to anger the Boys in Bejing?

I'll pm you a screenshot rather than link. I think it's just a guy not a company. Just testing in my living room (raining) and it works lovely. The LEDs get brighter the higher you go and switch off via the knobs.

Pm coming...

Archived