NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not a totally wasted morning...

Got up at 5am - sky looked beautiful...

dragged my Skywatcher-150p out, waited for it to cool, had a quick look at Mars and started looking for Saturn at around 6am, when the clouds and showers arrived :mad:  (the words I have used are not permitted here to protect minors :tongue: ).

Got the scope back inside, put everything away and had breakfast to make up for dissapointment :grin:

By 7am it stopped raining, clouds cleared away, and council switched on street lights :embarassed: , but there was enough promise to quickly get out my TAL-120, to be rewarded with fuzzy but un-mistakeable Saturn (my first view). Seeing was poor, but I managed to use 6mm TS eyepiece I recently got from Macavity here on SGL (giving me about x135).

So... it could have been better, but not bad for the first time and bearing in mind that there is unlikely to be good weather for at least a week - I am not dissapointed!

Archived