Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The full monty

Dave_D

First attempt at AP (Bodes) with everything running... finally got autoguiding with PHD, admittedly only using my finder (80mm frac is in a box till i can afford a new mount), plate solving with astrtortilla put both galaxies bang in center frame, ant APT controlling the camera. Can honestly say i'm as giddy as a kid at xmas waiting to see how this comes together with much longer subs :D

Pics to follow.

And my fingers are like frozen walls sausages so i can't type for squat on this tablet lol

Just checked a couple of the jpgs and something isnt quite right but i'll have to wait till i stack the images.

It's typical though... first clear night for ages and i can't make a night of it as i'm up at stupid o'cclock tomorrow for an interview.

Watch your black point. This looks clipped, so you've amputated a lot of faint data! It will still be there in the captures, though, and the bright stuff looks great.

Here's a demo. Not clipped. It could do with cutting back a little...

healthy%20histogram-M.jpg

But not this much!! Now it's black clipped.

unhealthy%20histogram-M.jpg

To cut back you move the left hand slider to the right. Keep well away from the start of the rise in the pedestal, though.

Olly

That is just lovely, nice one.

Thanks :) as can be seen in the pic, i still have issues with tracking though, but i think this *may* be down to where i'm setting the scope up. the concrete flags on my patio are a bit uneven and just sat on sand (thanks for nothing social housing) and i can definitely see movement in the flags if i walk on them which would clearly affect polar alignment

Archived