SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skymax 127 Goto problem with alignment.

Hi. I've recently bought a Skymax 127 with a Goto skyscan.

I'm having problems getting the alignment set up. When I try to align the second star, the telescope starts slewing but doesn't stop. Even when parking to the home position the slewing never stops.

Would installing the latest firmware solve this problem or is the telescope faulty?

Is there a certain position which I need to place the slewing mechanism when putting it together?

Thanx in advance for any help I might receive.

Regards

Andy

Cannot actually help but I think this is the second report of this problem is about 2 weeks.

Trouble is I do not know what the other was titled or where it was, either of 3 sections comes to mind.

Equally never followed it to find if a solution was arrived at.

On these it is often power as the base cause.

For a start position often pointing North is the initial. Terrible question: What does the manual say.

Hi Ronin.

Thanx for the reply. The manual says nothing about the initial set up , just starts at the alignment. I guess if the alignment works there would be no problem with the positioning of the tripod and scope. I tried with new batteries and still kept slewing.

Cheers

Andy

My dad had the same problem with his 127 using batteries. You need to get yourself a good power pack and the problem will be solved. That's what happened with my dads. I got him a 38 amp hour lead acid battery and the scope then stopped the continuous slewing and all was well. Hope that helps :)

Ok, now connected up to a power source and still way out on the alignment. Seems to me that the slewing doesn't count the degrees accurately. Is there a way to reset the mount and the degrees of slewing?

• 3 years later...

Archived