Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Modded Canon 1000D - issues with infinity focus

swlloyd3

Hi all,

I was offered a cheap second hand EOS 1000D in superb condition (<5000 shutter count) and decided to use this as a dedicated astro cam.

I have completed the mod for astro by removing the rear filter but I was wondering if I should be worried about achieving infinity focus with camera lenses?

I have had a look on the forum but could only find different opinions on this subject and in relation to a 450D camera.

Does anybody own a modded (rear filter removed) 1000D and have any issues with infinity focus?

Thanks,

Ste

Once modded, the loss of infinity focus shouldnt really come into anything since you have signed your camera over to AP. My full spectrum 1000d works well enough with the 50mm f1.8, but I shoot only in B/W with that camera when doing daylight photography. There is no autofocus, it has to be done manually (easier said than done at f1.8 with a moving subject and no tripod!).

Archived