Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horse and flame

earth titan

Finally the gods have smiled on me !

At home, clear sky, no wind !

More data required. Mount hit meridian limit before I finished all the blues I needed. No calibration frames yet either - those will wait a day or so.

Seeing wasn't brilliant and this target is right over the top of the house.

Atik 314 with the 80 mm APO

400 sec luminance

RGB binned 2x2

Comments welcome.

post-6511-0-18001300-1388305486_thumb.pn

The Flame looks terrific. Getting the colour balance right will be easier with a full set of blues. At the moment NGC2023 and IC435 are green rather than blue.  What's slightly odd, though, is the halo around Alnitak which is showing magenta - often a sign of not enough green. It'll all come out in the wash when you finish the blues.

Despite the heat from the house it's lovely and sharp.

Have you tried reducing Alnitak by using layers and putting a soft stretch underneath? You can wile away a couple of days faffing with that!!!

Olly

Cheers folks.

Thanks for the hints Olly - much appreciated. I'm going to try to get the blues tonight - weather permitting. Still playing with layers and masks (PI is excellent but confusing).

Have done the flip Steve. Thanks for the heads up - looks much better  :grin:

post-6511-0-78538800-1388310200_thumb.pn

Cheers folks.

Thanks for the hints Olly - much appreciated. I'm going to try to get the blues tonight - weather permitting. Still playing with layers and masks (PI is excellent but confusing).

Have done the flip Steve. Thanks for the heads up - looks much better  :grin:

Nope, still wrong! (This gets me every time as well. Latent dyslexic I reckon!) If you want North up it looks like this;

Alair%20HH%204%20HRSstarcolour-S.jpg

It's usually presented rotated 90 anticlockwise from this, though, to make the Horse a horse...

Olly

Archived