Celestron edge 8 hd Telescope

I am a total beginner and want to take up astro photography I was given this scope is it to much for a beginner or should I stick with it and learn to use it as I go.. Or get rid..... But want to keep it.. Lol

What a lovely scope. 

I would be tempted to look through it for a while first and appreciate what it can show you before stuffing a camera behind it.  The views to be had with that are supposed to be stunning,       Google - Celestron C8 Edge HD visual - OH MY GOD!!! and read that review.

Like you say 'but i want to keep it' I am not surprised, i am really not surprised!

For just under £1k you can get a brand new NEQ6 Pro Synscan mount that will handle it with no problem and fully compatible with computer hook up. Alternatively the new Celestron VX which comes in a little cheaper (circa £800 I think).

You can save a fair bit going second hand - should be able to get a good NEQ6 for around £650'ish in A1 condition about 1yr old. The VX's are very new and I've not seen a used one for sale yet. Hth :)

(Try "Astro Buy Sell" website - usually very reliable for second hand gear)

Archived