Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 - 50mm

Morning!

Managed to get out last night before the rain (well almost, did get a little wet!)

Here is M45:

Details:

Astrotrac

Canon EOS 1000D (Un-modded)

50mm @ F2.8

77 Lights x 2mins / 24 Darks / 35 Flats

ISO: 800

Location - Suburbs of Chester

post-10251-0-56013700-1387800124_thumb.j

All criticism welcome! A little too blue?.

Higher resolution here >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/58036646@N02/11512987684/

Cheers! My initial plan was to use an old 200m tamron lens but I couldn't get it to focus to infinity! Picked up a lovely nikkor 135mm f2.8 from eBay so will try it with that! :-)

Ste

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Its an excellent shot but I would say a little too green too.  Hope you don't mind but i gave it a tweak in PI.  An Automatic background extraction, followed by a SCNR and a quick colour boost
John.

post-12165-0-03996100-1388650537_thumb.p

@phil-lost... Farndon should be a lot better than Upton. I was really pushing the exposure time on this with the histogram firmly peaking into the middle of the graph on camera. I was using a 2" skywatcher lp filter.

If you have a portable set up and some time I have found heading to a place called cuddington to the south of Chester to be fairly good considering is proximity (20 min drive), especially looking east/south

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

yes the difference is amazing, i was a bit worried about the lights from wrexham industrial estate but its not really a problem. Coddington is only down the road from me now, not been there though, not really got a portable setup.

Archived