NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all

I had a blast at Ngc7000 last night managed 2 get 4x300 sec subs.Found it pretty hard to do since

I'm doing all this from an attic room. Can someone have a go at this picture since i haven't got a clue

how to do processing as yet,I'm learning but cant get nowhere as yet.i have stacked the 4 subs togeather

in deep skystacker.would appreciate if someone can take the time to explain to me how to do it.

here is the link to the picture http://ukastronomers.com/#plPluto/action/files/show/19/ajax/true

I Also Managed to get 9x300 secs subs of M31 but i will leave that for another day thanks

p.s Will add pics of my room and setup later today

One thing you must realise, without a mod to the cameras IR/UV filter being replaced or removed its response to Ha/Red light is v weak.

With that in mind i didn't expect a detailed image to appear of the nebula.

Your tight captures and good processing in DSS helped too.

I used curves and levels in PS, pulling the red channel in particular out towards right to reveal the red portions.

post-13723-133877335725_thumb.jpg

Hi Pluto,

I have had a go with your image, you can see NGC7000 the North American Nebula and also IC5070 the Pelican Nebula in the upper part of the image.

I have used Levels and Curves in Photo Shop and Lab to balance the colours. It looks like I have done the same as Kevin but I just prefer to tone down the red a bit.

Regards,

Roy

ngc7000.jpg

It also looks good in B/W

ngc7000b-w.jpg

I had a go Pluto. Impressed with your tracking. The stars were very round. A lot of sky glow though. You would be better off going for shorter subs and more of them.

I cropped it to pick out most detailed parts of the image.

3105_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

You've got plenty there for 20 mins

Thanks all you guys have made my day will be sleeping with a big

smile on my face tonight. This was my 3/4 attempt at imaging at least I'm getting

a hang of that side of astronomy, just processing side left.

Will be posting M31 subs later thanks again.

Archived