Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun in Gateshead 17th Dec

DrRobin

Hi,

The high cloud/murk never cleared so, I decided to give it a try anyway.  AS!2 wouldn't stack the images, too much cloud I guess, so these were stacked in Registax 5.

Full disc is a composite of four images (manually stitched in Paint.net after both Autostitch and MS ICE failed).  GT102, DMK41, Herschel wedge.

sun-composite-17-12-13.jpg

All close ups, 3x Televue barlow, GT102, DMK41, Herschel wedge.

Sun-17-12-13-3x-1a.jpg

Sun-17-12-13-3x-3a.jpg

Sun-17-12-13-3x-4-a.jpg

Robin

Well done getting an end result, Robin :smiley:  We fared better with the conditions our way.

I couldn't manage to get a prime focus white light shot from a couple of weeks ago with a bit of murk tiled, never mind 3x Barlow shots. They are consigned to the external hard drive for the moment. :eek:

Thanks Brenda - Glad to hear your solar panels soaked up some of that winter sun. 

Luke - I was quite surprised how good the AVIs looked during capture, given that you could see the cloud flashing across.  I managed to focus reasonably well, perhaps I had a gap in the cloud and then just did my runs.  AS!2 didn't like the AVIs, I am guessing too much cloud so stacked them in Registax 5 using a single box over the main feature.  Close ups came out well, I think I could tease a bit more detail out of them, but I am struggling for time at the moment.

Robin

Archived