Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what do i need to attach guiderscope

HenryW

Hello! What would i need to attach  the Celestron Guiderscope to the 130PDS ?

I have the Celestron 80mm guiderscope package coming and i wish to use it as a guiderscope to My SW 1230PDS

What do i need to order to set it up ? I have trawled the web for a dowetail(?) but can't figure out what i shall by.

I'm planning to have some vacations at my cabin in the hollidays and it would be a shame if i cant use the guiderscope and guider du to a "missing link"

Thanks in advance :smiley:

I believe that you will need a standard Vixen style dovetail bar like the middle of the three shown in this link. You can attach it to the top of the 130 PDS tube rings using 1/4" 20 bolts (cut them to size to ensure that they cannot bolt down onto the 130PDS' tube!). The Guiderscope attaches to this dovetail bar.

Have you guided with a finder guider before or will this be your first attempt at guiding?

I'm trying to figure out whether going st80 instead of 9x50 makes a difference for my 130pds...

It will be my first guiding atempt :icon_pale:

Archived