Anyone gave these a go ......

spaceboy

http://www.365astronomy.com/77mm-abbe-orthoscopic-eyepiece-p-3111.html

I have been looking for a BGO in the 7mm focal length but with the used prices going up and down like a yoyo I thought I would consider my other options due to the market seemingly flooded with various orthos of equal quality to the BGO..

I have watched John's reviews http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/184935-astro-hutech-orthoscopics-compared-with-baaders-orthoscopics/ with much interest and my own experiences with the 6mm BCO would have the cash a flowing if only they would bridged the gap between the 6mm and 10mm BCO.

Having come across 365 Astronomy's offering with a similar FOV to the BCO and in a focal length of 7.7 which would be perfect for me I wondered if anyone else have had experiences with these particular ortho ?? I see TS also have a very similar one for sale.

Those have been around for a few years under a number of brand names. The reviews I've read say they are decent but not quite as good as Baader GO's / Astro Hutech's / Fujiyama / BCO or the Circle-T "volcano tops". The performance gap between the BCO and the likes of the BGO is pretty tight IMHO - I doubt you could squeeze another eyepiece in there !

The Astro Hutech's and Fujiyama orthos are just as good as the Baader GO for what it's worth.

Hi Spaceboy, yes, these were sold under the Kson branding in the UK for a short time, I bought a set of four and they are not bad, but a bit of false colour (yellow) creeps in and to be honest I would not buy them again, I would go for the Astro-Hutech if I was buying again, but don't like the narrow aFoV, more used to my widefields and 60 degree BST's.

Archived