Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Geminid meteor shower14/12/13

Hi,

Anyone else get up bright and breezy to try and catch some Geminids? I set my alarm super early and saw quite a lot of nice bright meteors, of course none of the really good ones streaked across my camera frame though.  These were my best couple.

post-31009-0-73378400-1387049405_thumb.j

post-31009-0-40759900-1387049415_thumb.j

Even the Mrs came out for a look after I forgot to turn off my alarm clock before, sneaking out, and woke her at ten past five - whoops :) Hope others had a nice cloudless window at just the right time when the moon had set. 

Next decent meteor shower I'm going to try and find a dark spot somewhere away from town.

Isn't the peak of the shower on Sunday night 15th............into Monday 16th?

Maybe Sat 14th into Sunday 15th is the peak?. 

I love this shower and always associate it as peak on the night of the 15th into the 16th.

Matters not to me as i am clouded out tonight. Most likely going to be clouded out Sunday night also.

*Update*

The peak of the Geminids was on the night of the 13th (Friday) into the morning of the 14th (Saturday). I dont feel hard done by, as it was cloudy here last night.

Just sorry ive not been able to view for the last 3 yrs due to weather. :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Isn't the peak of the shower on Sunday night 15th............into Monday 16th?

Maybe Sat 14th into Sunday 15th is the peak?. 

I love this shower and always associate it as peak on the night of the 15th into the 16th.

Matters not to me as i am clouded out tonight. Most likely going to be clouded out Sunday night also.

*Update*

The peak of the Geminids was on the night of the 13th (Friday) into the morning of the 14th (Saturday). I dont feel hard done by, as it was cloudy here last night.

Just sorry ive not been able to view for the last 3 yrs due to weather. :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

It was only the second "big" shower that I've seen since I took up this interest and was amazed at how many I saw.  I was really lucky with the weather,  just a 3 hour clear spell at just the right time.

Archived