NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 4" achro.

Hi all,I've been having a bit of a tidy up in the shed,which included a bit of a spruce up of my 'scopes which I keep in there.I'm very fond of my old Helios 4" achro and wouldn't part with it for the world.I bought it well over 12 years ago and was wondering if the latest Evostar achros have better optics than mine.I know the Helios and Skywatcher came out of the same factory but do modern prodction methods result in better performance? Just a thought.

Cheers,John

I've owned a couple of Helios branded scopes and their Skywatcher equivalents and they performed exactly the same. I tend to prefer the black colour scheme of the Helios branded scopes over the Skywatcher blue as well :smiley:

I have a fascination for colour scheme names for cars, motorcycles etc... now I've got a few more with 'Helios black', 'Skywatcher blue', and dare I say 'TAL white' :)

Funny, i have the TAL white scheme on a 4" achro, its a rather good one as well :laugh:

Archived