NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pentaflex Goto telescope 130mm??

Anyone know anything about this fellow?  I have seen film of the surface of the moon created by it and it seems impressive.

Only interested in it cheap and secondhand so not expecting the world - or should that be out of this world  :smiley:

Doesn't seem to common in the UK (although one on ebay at the mo) but much more so in Spain where I spend a lot of time.  I can get one there for less than 250 Euros.

Anything would be welcome.  Cheers

Thanks brantuk.  While the exact model is not there that gives a good idea.  Looks like a cheap way to try a goto.  

Dozens of them in Spain for some reason.  And with people having paid 495 Euros it wasn't cheap there and may not be now.

The Pentaflex branded telescopes are the same as Skywatchers.

Thanks Cornileous. 

Well I've lashed out £150 so no great risk,  And possibly a great deal of fun.  Certainly cheaper than buying a donkey new.

Whatever you buy secondhand is of course a big risk.  But I've been lucky so far so cannot complain even if this time it is a donkey  :laugh:

Seems at the moment that secondhand scopes are not getting much pricewise.  Guess the recession but just before Xmas one would hope if a seller for a little more

After only a week using my £31 refractor I and family and friends have had great value even if I threw it on the scrapheap now.  Certainly has beaten a single ticket to a premier game (if such exists) and I still have the scope  :grin:  

Archived