NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First go at M31

HenryW

Compared to all the awesome pics of M31 posted in this forum this is insignificant, but still this result is why i will continue this fantastic hobby for the foreseeable future and adquire a guiderscope and autoguider very soon

Instruments: SW 130PDS (New adquisition  it's a great little Scope, i really love it) on an EQ5 upgraded With synscan, Canon EOS 550D

Temperature: -12 degrees Celcius

Subs 25 x 25 sek, Darks 30 x 25 sek and 30 bias

post-8905-0-84669100-1386455074_thumb.jp

I have just purchased the 130pds too, are you using the skywatcher coma correcter? I see you dont use any flat frames, is there much vignetting, as i was hoping to get away without flats. Have not had the scope out yet due to constantly cloudy british sky.

Thanks, i hadn't great expectations for the preliminary astroshots when i started this fall, but are overwhelmed over what is possible.

Andre808: I haven't any comacorector yet and i couldn't see any vigneting, The shots are taken in a very dark place at my cabin where LP is nonexisting. So far i'm very happy wit this little scope :police:

Archived