Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tripod for Canon DSLR

Fordos Moon

I wasted a fortune over the years incrementally improving my tripod and heads to cope with the increasingly heavier kit I was using.... I have a stash of tripods and boxes of  heads...

The Cash Convertors one - Which model Mafrotto tripod and which head does it have fitted? 

Peter...

I went really mad and bought a Gitzo 5542LS... and Induro  Gimbal head...

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-gitzo-gt5542ls-series-5-6x-systematic-tripod/p1529766

But then again it has to handle a Canon 5D MK III with Battery grip , and a Canon 600/f4L IS USM with a 2X TC... and be able to track birds in flight...

Hopefully it's the last tripod I will ever have to buy.... I am not the lightest of fellows but I can "swing" of the tripod...

Probably overkill for your needs though FM ;) 

Peter...

In that case get something around that price and you will be fine.... Accept its a £50 tripod probably with a fixed 3 way pan and tilt head which will be ok for your current requirements :)

Peter...

Thanks very much for all your help, much appreciated!

Archived