NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Worth replacing my focuser?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohh my bad,i thought you where after newt ones .

The OP is, fortunately :)  I've been looking at an additional focuser for my C9.25 recently though, which is where I've come up against the stock problems.  I've been pondering on the TS monorail as an alternative, but no-one seems to know much about them.

James

I used a serrated edged plastic wheel (larger than the focuser had) that originally was on a slow motion control cable for an EQ mount I once had.  I drilled a hole in the centre of the plastic wheel and fitted it as replacement on the focus shaft.  

I realise that not everyone can put their hand on one of these, but my shed has lots of stuff that is supposed to "come in handy one day" and on very rare occasions actually does  :laugh:

So it could be a matter of trawling your shed, or a decent DIY shop etc to see what comes to light.

Be careful you don't fit such a large focus wheel that will contact the telescope tube.

Mine was an easy mod that does help.

Regards, Ed.

Cheers; yup, it's cool when you finally find a use for something in the odds and sods collection:)

Archived