NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ED80 for imaging - why?

PorkyB

Err, I'm not so sure about the FPL53 now, I've just gone out to the obsy to check and it doesn't say, then I've Googled it and its not clear but I've seen reference to FPL51 :( Darnit!

Anyway, here are some more quick snaps from the 130pds with a non modded 1100D. Very quick snaps but they give an idea of the photon grabbing power to the OP.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/192326-snaps-with-the-130pds/?hl=+m31%20+with%20+the%20+wo66

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for this Extreme usefull debate :laugh:  I think i've made up my mind and lands on the 130PDS, Why?

Budget=400->600 British pounds

A) 130PDS=120ish quids

B) Allows me to by some other usefull  astro imaging artefacts (autoguider, guiderscope etc)

C) Collimation never scares me

D) It will be almost stationary, i just have to move it 5 or 6 meters from my cabin where it "sleeps"

The last question though: Since i have a Canon 550D and the adapter to my 200P whitch fits very well, do i need any more "small" pieces to attach my camera to the  130PDS?

great choice! that or the 150PDS are both fantastic value for money and easy enough for any reasonable mount. Send us your results when you get it working.

You might want to think about a coma corrector at some stage, if you've not already got one.

great choice! that or the 150PDS are both fantastic value for money and easy enough for any reasonable mount. Send us your results when you get it working.

You might want to think about a coma corrector at some stage, if you've not already got one.

That will be the Christmas present from my wife :laugh:  And thanks again!

What a great forum this is :police:

Archived