Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Double Cluster - NGC-869 Wide

I took a few Wide Field images Friday night with my Canon 350 (XT) and Sigma 70-300mm DG APO lens. I had wanted to try out the lens for AP for a long time. I'm encouraged that the lens may work satisfactory when given plenty of time.

The lens was set at approx. 220mm @f 6.3, 25 sec. subs.

Opinions welcome.

Doug

Thanks Kevin...This was a very quick processing job since it as so late (early) when I posted. I'll try to enhance it some more later today.

You should see the 3 MB version instead of this very compressed version. It was fairly nice.

I got my lens on the e-(auction) site for approx. 150 USD. This lens is awesome in daytime. I was glad to see that it has potentioal for AP.

Cheers,

Doug

Yep, e-Bay. I got mine with a nice case too. Don't forget this lens does well on Macro.

For a daytime image sample. See the photo section for a pic I took of a Red-Tailed Hawk this morning.

Doug

Doug

Archived