Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

spider visible in 2" eye piece

Hi folks

I have just taken delivery of a Bresser NT150 S newt. And very nice it is. However when setting it up and collimating the finder I noticed that the spider is visible in the 2" eyepiece as an out of focus blob in the field of view. Any ideas? I should add that I collimated the scope manually and with the laser first.

JC

If you have just gotten the scope and are setting it up for the first time then you cannot have anything to focus the scope on, I suspect that you simply have the focuser wound too far out and so the spider etc are starting to appear. Reading the post I guess you are trying to focus the main scope of the same thing as the finder, then get both central. Unless the object chosen is about 2 or 3 Km away then you will start to see the spider assembly.

If you are looking at an object who's distance can be measured in meters then it is too close.

That's usually a sign of a large exit pupil or too low a power, I find some people have this problem when using anything over a 32mm, day a 38mm or a 42mm etc. 32mm is the best lowest for most telescopes, though with compound scopes you can stretch this further.

Archived