Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent in the clouds

JohnC64

A quick bit of cloud dodging in the week for me. Setup in a gloriously clear night and then of course the clouds rolled in.  Still managed to get aligned and take a quick 6 * 5 min subs in the gaps before i got totally clouded out.  Not the best of conditions and i was slightly out of focus but here the crescent Nebula in Ha shot with the esprit 80

Cheers John

post-12165-0-86534500-1385205826_thumb.p

cheers for the comments.  The Evening was a bit of an experiment for me to see if I could use clip-in filters in the DLSR without affecting the image out of the flattener. It looks like I can :-)

As for the focus, i am still working out the best way to get this spot on. I normally use the FWHM in Nebulosity but was having trouble getting anything to register with the filter in place. 

Have my eye on a CCD - so hopefully this issue will disappear when i start using parafocal filters

Cheers John

cheers for the comments.  The Evening was a bit of an experiment for me to see if I could use clip-in filters in the DLSR without affecting the image out of the flattener. It looks like I can :-)

As for the focus, i am still working out the best way to get this spot on. I normally use the FWHM in Nebulosity but was having trouble getting anything to register with the filter in place. 

Have my eye on a CCD - so hopefully this issue will disappear when i start using parafocal filters

Cheers John

I use a bahtinov mask with a free program called bahtinov grabber simple to use and always seems to get the focus spot on for me

Archived