Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starry Night pro6 queries

ultramol

This morning I was stood on my back step with a brew and looking up at the moon and Jupiter (lovely sight by the way). I noticed Jupiter was Just dissolving into the sunrise. It was 7.59 am when it disappeared from my view. As an after thought I started SNPro6 to see what time it stopped being visible according to them. It was 9 30 am before it vanished ! Either my eyesight is very bad or SN is telling porky pies. Anyway, back to the question, what criteria would the software use to decide when an object vanishes from view due to daylight?

I did check the time settings and all was well in that department

Yes I use it to plot iridium flares and although the TLEs of the satellites are always out I input them myself from another website. My position is set within a few yards and the time is bang on. Mind you there are a lot of little things that are. shall we say odd ,with Starry Night, Its all I have ever used. Is there anything better out there ?

Archived