NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan Star Alignment & CdeC, Stellarium

Hi SGL

Quick question, ill soon start using my laptop with either CdeC or Stellarium connected to my set up, was wondering do I still need to do a star align with the synscan handset then use Stellarium or can I get away with just polar alignment then use the software to control mount ?

any advice would be appreciated

clear skies all

john

You always want to do a real good basic aligning and leveling of the mount first.(VERY important!) Then a Polar alignment. And then a one star alignment,then back to zero position and then a multi-star of a least 2 using your mounts hand controller and system.Then back to zero and  you should be perfect. Always works for me. CDC is much better for pointing the mount than stellarium i have found. Much more solid a program.Have fun!

Hi all

thanks for your reply's has helped cleared a little niggle up for me, I must admit do prefer CdeC to stellarium as seems like you say a bit more solid program, looking forward to giving this a try received my guidecam yesterday so am eagar to see wot I can produce.

clear skies

• 2 weeks later...

Archived