Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

opinions please which is the better mount? advance vx or HEQ5?

Timbo32

Hi lots of people have and swear by the HEQ5 mount. It has a good rep as an imagin mount that can be guided well

The Advance VX mount is still newish and i've not heard much after the initial hype...

So if you have used both of these mounts or have an opinion on either mount?

i would like to hear your thoughts  :argue:

Tim  :)

I have the heq5 and although I can't compare the 2 mounts (I've only ever had the heq5) what I can say is that I'm more than happy with it. I have never had any issues and it's always been spot on for tracking and finding objects.

As I said, I can't compare the 2 mounts however I can highly recommend the heq5 pro synscan.

The AVX is fine. Tracks well, guides well, PEC works.  StarSense is available and works.

I haven't tried both, few people will have, why get two similar mounts.  The reality will be that there's little to choose between them in their basic functionality, what's left is detail such as the controller style.

Chris

Archived