NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomik EOS Clip-in filters...

Ok, so I want to buy a regular broad band light pollution filter, as well as a Hydrogen Alpha narrow band filter for moon-light photography...

But the long list of different filters boggles me as their descriptive text appears to me more as ancient greek rather than plain english.

Would any filter-informed person please take a look for me and point out which is which? I will be buying for a DSLR.. I see some of them are ment for CCD cameras or what not....

http://www.astronomik.com/en/clip-filter-system.html

(need to scroll down quite a bit...)

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

Ok, so I want to buy a regular broad band light pollution filter, as well as a Hydrogen Alpha narrow band filter for moon-light photography...

But the long list of different filters boggles me as their descriptive text appears to me more as ancient greek rather than plain english.

Would any filter-informed person please take a look for me and point out which is which? I will be buying for a DSLR.. I see some of them are ment for CCD cameras or what not....

http://www.astronomik.com/en/clip-filter-system.html

(need to scroll down quite a bit...)

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

Hi Alve,

For AP you need the CCD version, the none CCD versions are for observation with the exception of the Astronomik Clip which the none CCD is actually not IR blocked, the CCD version is IR blocked and both are for AP. I have both Astronomik Clip and the IDAS P2, I prefer the IDAS as it distorts the colour balance to a lesser degree than Astronomik but neither is 100% effective, there is no substitute for dark skies. As for the Ha astronomik have the clip versions and these are good if somewhat expensive. Hope this a bit.

Regards,

A.G

Hi Alve,

For AP you need the CCD version, the none CCD versions are for observation with the exception of the Astronomik Clip which the none CCD is actually not IR blocked, the CCD version is IR blocked and both are for AP. I have both Astronomik Clip and the IDAS P2, I prefer the IDAS as it distorts the colour balance to a lesser degree than Astronomik but neither is 100% effective, there is no substitute for dark skies. As for the Ha astronomik have the clip versions and these are good if somewhat expensive. Hope this a bit.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks for the info.

I found that IDAS filter you were talking about at the FLO website. The reason why I am looking at Astronomik filters is because they are clip-in filters for Canon EOS cameras... This is what I am looking for. I allready have a 1,24" as well as a 2" light pollution filter, but I have no way of attaching it in my system. It doesnt fit any of the extension rings or anything on my scope.. so they are currently collecting dew on a shelf in my observatory.... :(

I figured, with my new camera - I could simply go for the clip-in filters - thus removing the need for any extra gadgetry inbetween.. :)

Thanks for the info.

I found that IDAS filter you were talking about at the FLO website. The reason why I am looking at Astronomik filters is because they are clip-in filters for Canon EOS cameras... This is what I am looking for. I allready have a 1,24" as well as a 2" light pollution filter, but I have no way of attaching it in my system. It doesnt fit any of the extension rings or anything on my scope.. so they are currently collecting dew on a shelf in my observatory.... :(

I figured, with my new camera - I could simply go for the clip-in filters - thus removing the need for any extra gadgetry inbetween.. :)

Hi Alve,

You can get the IDAS filter in clipform too.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p1923_Hutech-CLIP-IDAS-Nebelfilter-LPS-P2---fuer-Canon-EOS-DSLR.html

Regards,

A.G

Hmmmm

Sounds like it, BUT the Ad doesn't specifically mention 2" (M48) filters....would be worth double checking first......

Hmm... I see that there is a screw involved in attaching the filter inside the camera?

I am not sure I like this... Because those clip-in filters appear to have no need for a screw...

I know my modified 600D will be compatible with the regular clip-in filters, but this screw-in sollution - I am not so sure... I might have to play it safe and go for an Astronomik. (the company is not responding to my e-mail btw... so I'm worried about ordering from them. It would appear they are not too interested in my money....)

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

Archived