Beginner looking for advice with Andromeda

Hello there, I'm new to astrophotography and have acquired some images of Andromeda via iTelescope.

As I've only been doing this for around a week (but seem to have done a lot of reading!), I'm not too disappointed in the result but clearly the image could be a lot better.  I would be grateful for any advice / tips that any of you could throw my way.

Details of images / processing:

- Calibration already done at Itelescope (I think) - the images come raw and "calibrated".

- All 300 sec exposures.  3 x lum binned 1 x 1. 3 x each of RGB, binned 2 x 2.

- Registered (nearest neighbour), normalised, data rejected (STD Sigma value 2), combined (sum) and LRGB combined in CCDstack (trial) with CCDinspector (trial).

- Some processing in photoshop via Annies Astro Actions.

The image is attached here (click for larger size which will show a vertical line towards the right hand side):  http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ytnst2&s=5#.UoVSpeK0PdI

I have the FITS available if someone wanted to see try anything out.

Many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I must appreciate your week's effort. You are better than many of us. I just need to learn this from you. Can you explain this in steps. I have Celestron 130mm EQ Astromaster and Nikon DSLR 5100. I am expecting too musn that i know but can't help it. All the best for the good work in future as well.

Warm regards,

Rajat

Hello there, I'm new to astrophotography and have acquired some images of Andromeda via iTelescope.

How did you find it to use? I have wondered about giving it a go... can't imagine I'll ever invest in an imaging rig, but there are some things that don't seem to get photographed often...

Archived