NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CR6 24V board

Carl Reade

Hi all being looking inside the camera and as with the Sammy 2000, the CR is dual Voltage 24V AC or 12 DC. This takes a lot of space inside and of course generates heat.

To me it is an unnessecary board as most cams work native 12V DC. So in effect the board is a bridge rectifier wich takes 24V AC in and then converts it to 12V DC so why have it??

So I found which wires go from the power input to the AC board and the return wires from the AC board to the main cam board, measured the voltage from the AC board and it was 12V DC. Put simply I bypassed the board so the 12V power in goes strait to the cam.

Turned the power on and shazzam it works fine This is probably doable with the Sammy as its AC board takes up most of the camera.

So the question is now how small do you want to make it? Or do you need mod space inside?

This mod vertually makes the camera empty :grin:

post-30085-0-13861000-1384442515_thumb.j

Carl

Wow, that's amazing Carl!

You have just reduced the length of the camera by more than half!

I asked the Security company I bought My Sammy from why have both power inputs and he said when they fit them into businesses as security cameras they hard-wire them in using 24v AC.

I don't know why, maybe it is more stable or something. I don't understand electronics, so I just use 12V and smile when I see objects in Space   :grin:

Not sure which way to go with this, I intend to cut the chassis to less than half its size so it will be small.

1. I could then fit it to my finder as it should be light enough, then I can basiclly be remote from the house, tempting with the weather.

2. The cam will be reduced to a body length of just 2" believe it or not. A cooling mod would be very doable with this using a pelt.

Decisions :smiley:

Carl

Cheers Davy I had a look at the Sammy last night and although it should be possible to remove the 24V board that sits in the middle. I will need to look at the circuit diagrams Paul posted a while back.

There is a flaw with the Sammy which is a pity. There is a circuit board on the bottom of the camera running the full length :mad: which cant be removed as the ribbon goes into it from both ends.

I would appeciate if you or another PD user could show me the inside of one of those babies :grin: to see what way they are made?

Carl

Archived