GO-TO-mount and algning

Hey, Everyone. I'm new here. 

I got a Celestron Avanced VX EQ-mount. I am also able to connect it to the computer and control it. 

But do I have to align the mount with the hand controller even if I use computer to control the mount? I mean star alignmen (not Polar alignment, which I will do anyway). 

If I go out on the field without PC, I know I should star-align it, but do I have to do that if I control the mount via a PC and like Redshift or Stellarium?

If you mount is any thing like a NEQ6, before its fired up, place it pointing at Polaris, give it some power, stick in your date,time ect, then when it slews to its first star and stops, undo the clutches and move it by hand to align it, you can fine tune it with the handset, from them on just use the handset to select and slew  and align....this works with my NEQ6..:)

Archived