Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would tempt anyone to seriously invest in binoculars!

Stargazer_00

Just saw these on FLO. Made me want to buy a pair instantly!

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/vixen-binoculars/vixen-bt81s-a-binocular-telescope.html

Something about the white scope look of Vixens makes them look like something you'd expect to see on a space station.  These look awesome and I bet they are fantastic to use and look through.

Anyone planning on getting a pair? :D

Thanks for this Stargazer_00 and Damo636 for the cautionary link. Observation binoculars were something I was seriously looking into about a year ago but my research, replies from vendors and instincts ultimately led me not to purchase any of the products that I could then afford. I must admit I wasn't aware of this optical issue with the equipment so thanks for that. Instead I rethought my needs and purchased some Helios Apollo 15x70's instead. This saved me a lot of money and the 15x70's have been an absolute pleasure to use. I hope I never miss what I might have had with these larger binoculars but I'm left feeling concerned that other people aren't disappointed if they buy this gear.

Cheers,

Steve

Archived