Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 - Frustrated by the weather

earth titan

Well I've been working on this for weeks now. So far, about 10 hours of data in shifts - this will be rectified as soon as we have another clear spell.

I'm lacking enough blue data (I was trying to finish it last night but clouds came in before I could end the run) to do it justice so in my opinion the image doesn't 'POP' yet.

Still, I thought I would post the result so far as I'm getting reasonably happy with them. I'm trying to be subtle with the processing as this is naturally a faint object.......

Details

10 minute subs - all non-binned 1x1 LRGB

80mm APO with Atik 314

Combined and worked on in PI and PS.

Comments welcome. Please bare in mind this was taken from my town centre location and as I say, I need more blue data.

post-6511-0-43914000-1383657737_thumb.pn

Tom I think you have the colour nearly perfect for the galaxy the detail going into the core is marvellous. For me the background sky could be a bit darker and the stars a little less saturated but for the galaxy I think your best image yet looking forward to seeing it complete :)

Tom I think you have the colour nearly perfect for the galaxy the detail going into the core is marvellous. For me the background sky could be a bit darker and the stars a little less saturated but for the galaxy I think your best image yet looking forward to seeing it complete :)

Cheers Danny. Still a work in progress. I'm playing with masks in PI at the moment and going to look at masking the start off when i get the remaining blue data, before I start doing any transformations.

I find I'm doing less and less in PS now I have PI and masks are so much easier in PI. How you getting on with it?

Cheers Danny. Still a work in progress. I'm playing with masks in PI at the moment and going to look at masking the start off when i get the remaining blue data, before I start doing any transformations.

I find I'm doing less and less in PS now I have PI and masks are so much easier in PI. How you getting on with it?

im still getting to grips with it some times just giving up after 2 hours of processing to find ive gone stare crazy and totally messed up my image! i still like my cs6 with noels actions. i do really like PI tough im having a little go now :D

I think color is fine, may be a little bit soft. Other than that nicely looking galaxy.

Mark

Cheers Mark.

I agree a little bit soft. Still working on getting sharper images, but as my imaging generally involves looking over the towns rooftops, seeing is typically unstable. 

Archived