Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My frst attempt at IC434 and my first HaRGB Capture

lensman57

Hi,

Last night after over three weeks of horrible weather I had a clear spell between 7 and 8.30 pm. By the time that I had moved the mount out and aligned it had  clouded over again. I was not to be defeated again, I removed the scope and gear but left the mount out in the back garden and wrapped it in rubbish bag to keep the dew away. At about 1 am it started to clear agian but but it was hazy. I put every thing out again and by the time I started imaging it was about 1.30 am. The guiding was lousy, only found out that it was due to the guide camera having worked itself loose and in my haste I had used the 1.2 meter cable rather than the 3 meter, the mount was dragging the laptop off it's seat. Any how I had decided to image the horesehead and the flame but this time in RGB and also add a bit of Ha. Due to bad guiding some subs were totally unusable and the Blue and Green all exhibit tthe oval star shape but I used them anyway, next time I'd know better. I know that it could do with more data but at 4.30 am by the time I packed everything up the electric wire had frozen solid, there was just no way that I could go on  having had to be up for work at 8 am.

R   9X300s

G   5X300s

B   5X300s

Ha 6X300s as L

William Optiscs ZS71 with WO 0.8 FF/FR MK6, Atik 314L+ @ -20c, Xagyl filter wheel with Ascention high trans RGB and Baader 7nm Ha filter as L.

Processed in DSS, combined in StarTools and tweaked in PS. I am happy with this as my many firsts but I know there is huge room for improvement in later captures.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-27681000-1383607241_thumb.p

Thanks Jamie, I am kicking myself over the loose guide camera and the short cable, causing the blue trails. The scope surprisingly performed well for a cheap doublet, I don't often use this one. Thanks again.

Regards,

A.G

Archived