Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5L-ll Problem

A320Flyer

Hi,

I am using my QHY5L-ll Colour as a guide camera. All latest drivers installed and working fine. However, an issue I am having is that, when connected to MaximDL, if I choose to adjust the camera gain in the Ascom Properties window I only get a half-frame image (see attached). Sometimes I only get a quarter-frame image. As a work around, I have to disconnect all my cameras (including my QHY8L imaging camera) and re-connect. Obviously, this is not ideal. any suggestions on how to fix properly?

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill

post-12288-0-73501800-1383312862_thumb.j

I had occasional problems running my QHY5L-II with the QHY8pro. Freezing issues, wouldn't download guide images over 3 seconds.

Sometimes it wouldn't connect & I had to reload the drivers. I eventually purchased a loadstar & use the QHY5L-II for planetary work.

I'd ask on the QHY forum group.

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for the response. Like you, I also get random freezes during setting up the guiding but once it's going it works flawlessly.

I have asked the same question on the qhy forum but am still waiting for an answer. Based on past questions I have posted there I'm not hopeful that I will get a response. So I thought I'd get better advice here.

Bill

Archived