NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8 inch Vintage Celestron.

I am not sure what constitutes a "vintage" telescope but did some research and my 8 inch orange color Celestron Telescope built between 1975-1978 came without a "wedge". Not sure what a wedge does and how much it cost? Your kind help is much appreciated. ( By the way.... This is the first time I ever join a place such as this and hope I am not breaking any rules)

Hello Unosuave, welcome to this forum. One of the rules is, ask a question if you have a problem, you are well on track with this one. The "wedge" that can be fitted between the telescope base and the tripod can be described as an adjustable bracket that can tip the telescope mount to your latitude thereby converting the mount from an alt-azimuth to an equatorial one. You may be able to find a pre-used one or there are new aftermarket solutions available,   :smiley: 

Archived