Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Motor issues

RobertC

I have just taken hold of the eq5 upgrade kit. I fitted the motors giving them a little space and not over tightening them. I just got round to setting up, switched on to align up and then nothing. The motors when trying to work together to turn the axis would no work when both are running.

I have attached a video of this problem, you hear a slight click. Can anyone help me with this as i had to send my last motors back after they also malfunctioned and bellowed smoke from the control box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFw_zOlP1dI&feature=youtu.be

What PSU are you using?I.e amperage etc.Are you trying to run the motors with the weights on?I can see the OTA is off but not the weights.I tried to run mine albeit the dual axis kit motors with the weights on/OTA off and the motors would click as they couldn't cope with the weight without the OTA balancing it out

It's working fine now, it was the lack of power tripping each motor out even though it was a 12V supply. I balance my setup perfectly and then make it slightly camera heavy to relieve the motors stress.

Archived